Merchandiser - Club Subscriptions
Merchandising – New York, NY
We’re looking for a creative and energetic person to help in scaling our subscription e-commerce business. As a Merchandiser you'll work across a wide range of tasks, participating in all steps of the buying process including planning, purchasing, and executing on our Boxes. This position reports directly to the Merchandising Lead of Club Subscriptions and requires a candidate who exhibits a strong entrepreneurial spirit with some merchandising experience. If this sounds like you then read on.
Responsibilities and Goals
- Plan and execute multiple Box concepts across a variety of categories each month by ideating Box themes, identifying new vendors and business development opportunities, planning product ranges, negotiating pricing to maximize margins, and preparing sales and stock plans.
- Take an analytical, data-driven approach to maximizing sales and controlling stock levels based on monthly forecasts and past performance.
- Help develop merchandising strategies to ensure product sell-through and work cross-functionally to achieve those goals, including by partnering with Editorial and Creative for thoughtful and compelling Box assets.
- Work closely with the entire Merchandising team to forecast trends and ensure Box assortments are strategically integrated and complementary to the Store assortment (and vice versa).
- In partnership with Marketing, help gather information on and respond to customer feedback on Boxes, and develop testing methods for new Boxes by further leveraging that existing audience.
- Assist with creation and management of monthly Box Briefs that centralize all Box information.
- Act as liaison between external account representatives and internal stakeholders.
- Maintain awareness of competitive landscape and customer preferences and communicate analysis on an ongoing basis.
The ideal candidate...
- Has at least 2 years e-commerce or other merchandising experience. Direct experience negotiating with suppliers/partners is a plus.
- Has a “no task is beneath me” attitude. You’ll roll up your sleeves to complete work as needed.
- Will thrive in a fast-paced startup environment with frequent, regularly scheduled deadlines. You’re flexible and can adapt to shifting goals, plus skilled at handling a wide variety of tasks.
- Has excellent communication skills and loves working across different departments.
- Should take an analytical approach to managing the Box process.
- Will help build relationships and negotiate with existing and new partners.
- Desires to grow over time, taking on new responsibility and roles as the company evolves.
- Has a personal passion for great product, design, and merchandising in general.
Want to Really Impress Us?
- Create a theme for an upcoming "Box of Awesome" and include $70-$100 (SRP) worth of products. Explain some of the thinking behind the theme, a description of the products, and the story they tell.
- Figure out how to email someone on the merch team directly. Otherwise, simply apply via firstname.lastname@example.org
Benefits and Perks
Working with Bespoke Post means being part of a small, smart, and nimble team, and having an immediate impact on a growing company.
- Competitive salary
- Company equity
- Health & dental coverage
- 401k with company match
- Flexible work schedule
- Unlimited vacation time
- Free workday lunches
- Fully stocked bar with 6 taps for wine, cold brew, kombucha, and a rotating beer selection
- Company retreats, happy hours, dinners, and other outings