The Swedish FireSteel 2.0 Army is an upgraded version of the brand's original Swedish FireSteel. Initially built for the Swedish Department of Defense, this incredible little tool packs up to 12,000 strikes and lights campfires, grills, gas stoves, and more even when it's wet. Its built-in whistle and bright spark can also be used in emergencies, so make sure you throw this tool in with your weekend gear.
1) Take a small quantity of cotton balls, dryer lint, or any other flammable material. Build it up into a pile.
2) Grip the FireSteel rod with one hand.
3) Take hold of the striker with the other hand.
4) Position the striker against the FireSteel rod.
5) Force the striker slowly down against the FireSteel rod.