For café-quality coffee without the hassle, all you need to do is:
- Heat water to a boil, then let cool for about a minute. Use the time to preheat your press and cup.
- Put fresh, coarse grounds into the press and evenly saturate as you pour in water.
- After a minute of rest, break the crust of froth on the top of the coffee and stir it back in.
- Cap the press and let sit for 4 minutes.
- Evenly and gently press the plunger down, then wait another minute to allow the sediment to settle.
- Pour and enjoy.