You might know how to make a killer latte, but can you draw a heart in it? Let César from Café Integral show you the ropes.
- Start with a good espresso made from freshly ground coffee that'll produce a good crema (the foamy top layer).
- Froth your favorite cold, fresh milk to integrate air without burning it.
- Swirl the milk to even out the consistency.
- Carefully pour the milk into the center of your cup of espresso. Use a steady stream poured from several inches away from the cup so that the milk sinks towards the bottom.
- Bring the milk pitcher closer to the cup of espresso and allow it to push aside the crema and float on top of the latte.
- Once you near the end of the pour, raise the milk pitcher back up high and cut through the cup, pushing it into a heart shape.